Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Midnight Snack

So, last night I couldn't sleep....again...and its either I'm hungry, my legs are bothering me or my Crohn's is bothering me.  So, I do what any 'normal' person would do and get up, go downstairs and check out the kitchen on what there is to snack on.  BUT WAIT!!  Is there anything in the cupboards or refridgerator that I can eat, being a Crohnie and all??  Hmmmmm, let's investigate shall we.  First, let's check the cupboard.  Peanut butter? maybe. Honey? nope. Wheat crackers? nope. Nutrigrain bars, wheat thins, gummie bears, Special K bars?  ah, hell no. Potato chips, marshmellows, chocolate chip cookies? nope.  Hmmmm, let's check the fridge.  Fruit? possible.....apples, grapes, oranges, nnnnnope.  Raw carrots, broccoli, cauliflower?  definately not. Okay then, how bout to drink, maybe that will quelch my hunger.  Pop, juice, iced tea? nope.  Water? yep.
So, what did I accomplish last night in the kitchen in search of a late night snack?  Other than the fact now, not only am I tired and hungry, but I'm also depressed....a nice cold tall glass of plain, ordinary, unflavored, but filtered....water.  Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmmmmmm

The moral to this story kids...don't get up

No comments: