Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Day at the Northwest Washington a Crohnie

Got up early to make sure the boys were ready, had to go to work quick anyway, and I had breakfast at 7am (keep that time in mind).  Made sure I went to the washroom a couple of times before we left, even if I didn't have to.  We left and got to the border around 9:30 and waited.....and waited.....and waited.....keeping in mind this is the "good" border crossing....and waited and finally crossed at around 10:20.  We headed down to Target first to get some items for the day and to do some returns and of course so the boys can go to the washroom.  Over to one more store to do a return and then off to the Fair.  By now, it's lunch time and we ate the sandwiches we brought, me? peanut butter and water.  THAT was my big meal of the day.  We had fun at the fair, but with the heat today, 30 degrees C, I wasn't handling it too too well.  My wife stood in line for ice cream, for them, not me, but they were sooooo large, I had to keep licking the cone of my eldest to stop it from dripping all over him....maybe not such a good idea at the time.....but.  So, after a few hours at the Fair, we headed back to the shady car to relax for a while.  We headed back in around 5:30 so the family could have dinner.  They had hamburgers, hot dogs and fries (we brought our own water) and they headed off to the Monster Truck show, while I headed  back to the car to lay down and relax.  Mainly cuz the show cost $30 just for them and tack on more if I went. 
But, by now, I'm starting to get that "hmmm" feeling.  You know the one.  The one that you're thinking, "am I going to last the length of the show, the wait at the border and the drive home to get to the washroom?"  Oh yeah, didn't I mention....I have yet to use the washroom.  Mainly because I hate using public washrooms.  I will if I have to, but ...yeeeeah, not my thing. 
Luckily they left the show early, but it's still after 9pm now.  Yes they had a great time at the show.  In their own words...."wicked!"  Yes, there was a wait at the border, but not bad, and we made it home after 10pm and after lugging the now asleep boys to bed, I finally got to get to the bathroom....whew.  And I finally got something to eat.
But as you can see, just going out to the Fair takes planning from a Crohnies part.  Can I eat? When can I eat? Should I eat?  If I eat, how long til I'll have to go to the washroom.?  Luckily, I didn't have much, so the ice cream didn't affect me like I thought it might. the end, you either have to starve yourself for the day, don't care about using public washrooms (especially disgusting ones) able to drive really, really fast.

No comments: