Friday, August 5, 2011

It's a pain in the ass

You know, I've had Crohn's for a long time now, too long, you might say, and I can put up with alot of things.  And I have. 

1.  The abdominal pains, of course, in the beginning were very painful, quite painful, frequent and above all, irritating.
2.  Going to the bathroom all the time.  It got to the point where I stopped eating, just to avoid going to the bathroom.  Not very smart, I know, but when you start setting up the bathroom like a living area, to the point where you are basically living in the bathroom, not eating seemed, at the time, unimportant.
3.  Not eating your favorite things.  I miss(ed) ice cream, chocolate, dairy, popcorn, pop, juice (and ironically, I should be drinking raspberry or cranberry juice for my kidneys), tea, turkey, a simple salad, etc etc etc.
4.  Frequent hospital visits.  From surgeries to dehydration to kidney stones.....I almost had my own room in the hospital, I was there so many times.
5.  Knowing where every store, gas station or restaurant with a washroom is within a 50 km radius.
6.  Trying to explain "it" to others.  Why are you away so much?  What's wrong with you?  Why don't you eat more?  Come on, have a drink, don't be a "woman", and my personal favorite, You don't look sick?  And yes, these ARE some of the things I hear or have heard.  It got to the point where you want to say,
"You know what?, Fuck off!!"

Now, like I said, I can handle most things, but to this point, after 20+ years of Crohn's and everything that's happened to me and affected me (and my family), I'm getting sick and tired of the pain after frequent visits to the bathroom.  When you "go" up to 3-4 times in an hour, your ass is just screaming to you, "Awww, c'mon!! not again!!!!"  My saving grace?  My family knows, and my U.K. family knows too.....GERMOLINE!!!  Put that on, while my ass is screaming at me.....it's like "Ahhhhhhh, thanks mate"

So, to sum up.....Crohn's? bad!  Germoline? good!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Germoline??!! who'd have thought it.

Whatever works . . .