Friday, August 17, 2018

Remicade : Day 2213

6 years, 22 days since I started Remicade. It's done wonders for controlling most of my Crohn's symptoms, but not all.  I don't think it will ever be able to. I still have an ongoing issue with fistula and abscess, but then there's the underlying problems secondary to Crohn's like chronic fatigue, kidney stones and psoriasis.
But I still go faithfully every 6 weeks to get "the juice", I guess you can call me an IV drug user, so to speak, because the alternative is not something I want to go back to.
The 24 years prior to Remicade were filled with pain, surgeries, weight loss, depression, probing, worry, loss of friends, anxiety, etc. I don't want to go back there. And because I've been there, I know what the newly diagnosed are feeling.  All I can say is, with the advancements every day for the treatment of Crohn's and Colitis, you have better chances at getting thru it.
Hopefully they will discover the cause so we can have closure.

.

No comments: