Friday, March 2, 2018

Remicade : 50th Anniversary

Day 2047 of Remicade (5 years, 7 months and 6 days) and my 50th infusion of this "miracle drug".

For me, anyway.

It's done wonders for my Crohn's symptoms as far as pain, inflammation and weight are concerned, but I still have some peri anal issues to deal with as well as side effects from the medication. Psoriasis on my scalp has been something I have been trying to deal with for almost 2 years now. 
It started as a small patch right at the crown but has spread to the front.  Not so much of the plaque kind anymore, just very dry, itchy and sometimes bumpy.  Along with it comes the loss of hair of course which has been something to get used to.  I have always had thick hair and I still do except it's thinning out on top.  I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't so dry and flaky, I could just shave my head....but I can't do that right now.
I am currently trying a mixture of tea tree and coconut oils every couple of days which helps, but not 100% effective.  I think I might need to go back to some kind of steroid, but whatever works, eh?!

Either way....happy Remicade anniversary to me!!

1 comment:

cJ said...

You are TERRIFIC!