Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Crohn's Can Be Cruel

I am finding lately that I am able to DO more than I have for a while.
This, of course, is great!  I put it down to Remicade, new vitamins and light workouts (mainly core).  So naturally I want to do things around the house, outside, etc.  Last weekend was great weather.  Sun was out, highs of 15 C, the family and I were outside cleaning out "crap" from our shed and garage and had some fascia boards to paint.  Sucking up all that Vitamin D from the sun felt good.
But, Crohn's can be very cruel.  I was doing so much, that for awhile I forgot about being "sick".  That was.....until a few hours later when, BAM! Crohn's shuts that feel good door right in my face.  I started to feel like I just ran a marathon.  My mouth was dry (dehydrated), aches and pains in arms, legs and back and I felt like I could sleep for a month.  I kept yawning and stretching over and over again, so my brain was tired too.  Then after a little while longer, nausea set in. 
The big mistake I did was to lay down because of the nausea.  I did not want to get up. When I tried, it was difficult.  In hind site, I probably should have had a bath with Epsom salts, but that's neither here nor there.
This is something new for me after all these years.  Crohn's feeds me that line with good health as the bait, I just need to be more cautious when I "bite"......

....but who wants to be cautious.

.

3 comments:

Dad said...

One step at a time...

Go your Crohn way said...

Having recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease it is nice to read other peoples blogs on the condition and realise you are not alone! :)

https://gameofcrohns18.blogspot.co.uk

Ammar said...

Thank you for informative post i enjoyed your article. femto cataract.