Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Toilet Paper VS Bath Tissue

So....I was sitting in the bathroom, like I frequently do, and started to think...is it toilet paper or bath tissue?  I know, what a weird thing to be thinking about at that moment in time, but I do some of my best thinking whilst "going".  Let's face it, we Crohnies spend a hell of a lot of time in there.
Most people call it TP or toilet paper here in Canada, but then why does the packaging say, Bath Tissue.  The only thing I could think of was that it was "more polite" while it sits on the shelf.  Honestly, I couldn't give a crap WHAT they call it.  Ha ha ha, I couldn't "give a crap"  (that's funny) but then I started thinking...I wonder just how much toilet paper I've used since my diagnosis?  hmmmm, well let's see.....


-there are 365 days in the year and I go through, on average, 1 roll every 2 days = 182.5 rolls/year
-I've had Crohns for 28 years = 182.5 x 28 = 5110 rolls
-average 36 rolls per pack = 142 packs
-average $20 per 36 roll pack = $2840 spent in toilet paper since having Crohn's Disease.


This of course is just an estimate, but gives a sense of how much I use...and also a sense of how bored I get.
.

1 comment:

Cj said...

But you have not lost your "interesting" sense of humour! ! ! !