Sunday, May 8, 2016

Remicade : Day 1336

Do you ever have those days where you really feel old?  In the 28 years of having this disease, I feel old everyday.  The aches and pains, tired and exhausted and the constant bathroom breaks, but at my last infusion it was re-enforced.
Another patient was getting infused and we got to chatting about when we were in school and how things were.  You know, when you say, "hey, do you remember......", it was all good until he said that I might not remember because I'm older than him.  I asked how old he was and he said 50.  I smiled and gave a quick chuckle and said, well I'm only 47.  Really?  he said.....but you have all that grey hair. 
Turns out, that I've been going grey since I was 18 and no, I didn't run out to the drug store next door to get Just For Men to color my hair, but it goes to show how people automatically judge you or assume something about you, just by your appearance.  Got me thinking about how people like "us" are judged by our appearance, or lack there of, of illness.
Makes ya think....

No comments: