Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Killer Lasagna From Outer Space

This falls in to the category of "Now You Know".

I've eaten alot of things I shouldn't have, knowing it and not knowing it, and I've eaten lasagna many times over my 20+ Crohn's years, but never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined, or thought, that there would be a entree out there, that had the effect this dish did to me yesterday (and in to today).

My wife, one day, made a lasagna dish that we could put in the freezer for a later date and she made it like she normally does, with noodles, meat and cheese.  No worries, because I don't really have any Crohn's side effects from cheese.......or so I thought.

The difference this time?  My wife changed the cheese she uses inside the dish from cottage cheese, to a KILLER cheese from outer space, or Hell, however you want to put it.  The cheese she used...?

cream cheese...... aaaaahhhhh.....nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

So, that was dinner time on Tuesday.  It's now 24 hours later and I have yet to go to sleep, my ass is as red as an tomato and as raw as a 3rd degree burn.  I'm STILL going to the bathroom, just not every hour.  I've never had this reaction before from eating something.  I've never had cream cheese before, as I don't like it, but thought, in a cooked dish? why not.   Well, did I learn MY lesson.

Mental note.....avoid cream cheese and chalk this up to an experiment gone wrong.

1 comment:

Cj said...

OOOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH!

I've heard about this demon cheese - you don't know what is added to make it sooooo creamy!!????!!!

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!!