Monday, January 18, 2010

Man, I feel like a woman

It's not everyday one can say that, especially being a man. But when dealing with Crohn's Disease on a day to day, week by week, year by year basis, you will eventually have to say it... Man! I feel like a woman!
Why? Well for me? It's because of the peri-anal abcesses and the constant drainage from them (which is a good thing). And why does this make me feel like a woman you ask. Because it's not everyday one can say, as a man, I know what it's like to wear pads. Whew! There I said it! Hello,my name is Vern and I where feminine hygiene products. BUT only when I have peri-anal abcesses. They are OBVIOUSLY designed for woman, because let me tell you, they are NOT comfortable to wear, as a man.
Having said all that though, I AM glad they are there and they work, because the last thing I need is buying up thousands of packets of surgical gauze to stick between my legs. So, thankyou women around the world!

No comments: