Saturday, April 4, 2020

Quarantine Part Two

You'd think with all this time at home, there would be lots of time to make blog posts, but we've been spending time with each other.
Our 2 week quarantine was up last week, but we're still staying home, mostly, so no one risks bringing it home. We only go out for groceries, or deliver groceries, and that's it. My wife has been doing all the grocery shopping so not to put myself at risk. We are very careful still, even to the point of wiping down groceries before bringing them into the house.
It's amazing what you can get done around the house inside and out, when you dont need to go out.
It's still a little cold out, but I started prepping our veggie garden the other day and planted seeds in my little mini greenhouses. Luckily, my health hasnt turned for the worse, other than the pesky peri anal abscess that doesnt seem to want to go away. But, I know how to deal with it, as I have been since 1990 when my first peri anal abscess appeared.
It's interesting how quarantine in 2020 is looking more and more what life was like back in the 1970's. Take away all the devices and internet and you have the 1970's. We've reverted back to a time when you ate at home, around the dinner table... together. The board games and puzzles are coming out of the closets, basements or attics to play together... as a family. More importantly, we're talking more. Using the telephone to talk to people, no texting.
People are re connecting with family and friends.  People arent worrying about "me" as much and focusing on others.
The question now is, will people remain focusing on others, or will they revert back to "me" attitude? I guess we'll find out when all this is over.

In the meantime, cough or sneeze into your arm, keep social distancing and for God's sake
WASH YOUR HANDS!!


1 comment:

Dad said...

I will love you forever in all the old-fashioned ways- regardless of what happens.