Friday, April 24, 2020

2020 Crohns and Colitis Canada Gutsy Walk

In the next hour, someone in Canada will be diagnosed with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Then someone else in the hour after that. And someone else in the hour after that. Canada has some of the highest rates of Crohn’s and colitis in the world.

These diseases cause the body to attack its own digestive tract, leading to intense abdominal pain, nausea, exhaustion, and frequent, urgent trips to the washroom. We still don’t know exactly what causes Crohn’s or colitis, and that makes the diseases difficult to treat.

Taking on the challenges of Crohn’s or colitis takes courage, community, and you. 

On Sunday, August 23, 2020, I’ll be taking part in the 25th annual Gutsy Walk so that Crohn’s and Colitis Canada can fund the most promising research into these diseases, and continue to offer essential patient support programs. I’m here to ask you to please donate to my walk and help me reach my fundraising goal.

Your contribution will help uncover better treatments, help people with Crohn’s or colitis live fuller lives, and ultimately lead us to cures.

Please visit my personal fundraising page to make your donation to my virtual walk: 

https://crohnsandcolitiscanada.akaraisin.com/GutsyWalk2020/vernonlaine

Thank you for supporting me, and everyone who’s taking on Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.


2 comments:

Dad said...

i 'LL SUPPORT ANYTHING YOU DO!

Just go for it!

Already paid in!

Vern Laine said...

Thanks !!