Friday, January 17, 2020

Humira : Day 14

Well, so far so good. No problems. Pretty simple injecting myself. All's good!

I was a little surprised at the box that arrived to my house, though, the day before my injection.
I was expecting a little package, but it came in a large box. Inside the box was a large white Styrofoam cooler.
When I took off the lid, there was several frozen gel packs covering the two boxes of Humira.
I took the boxes out (I had to do two injections this time and then one in two weeks and another two weeks later) and there were more gel packs!
I checked out the Humira pens to make sure they were ok and put the gel packs back in the cooler, sealed the box back up, affixed the return label and called the courier to come pick up the box to return to the pharmacy.
Seems like alot to do, but still alot easier than driving half an hour to a clinic, spend and hour sitting in a chair to get infused with Remicade.
Ahhh, Remicade... my long lost friend, I hope your cousin Humira works as well as you did for me.
I did some calculations and one of my injections will be while we are away, so I am going to have to take it with me. I was hoping to avoid it, oh well. 

We gotta do what we gotta do

No comments: