Friday, January 3, 2020

Humira : Day 1

Well, I'm giving Humira a go this time as the Remicade stopped working for me. My body started to become immune to the drug. It's too bad really. Remicade was a "god send" (if there is such a thing). It worked miracles for my symptoms and took most of my problems away, but the disease lingers still which was prevalent during my last colonoscopy. I never expect that it will ever fully disappear, but comparing colonoscopy results a year apart proved that the Remicade was not working anymore.

So, my Remicade lasted 2676 days, or 7 years, 3 months and 28 days.

I had my first 4 Humira injections yesterday, so I am at day 1.
I went to a clinic for patient instruction as I have never injected myself in my life and I never thought I couldnt do it, but wanted to make sure I did it properly. Better safe than sorry. They wanted me to wait for about 30 minutes after the injections to monitor my blood pressure, etc. just in case, but all's good.
I will do my next injections at home now. I have 2 injections in two weeks and then maintenance dose of one every two weeks.

Fingers crossed.....


No comments: