Friday, October 5, 2018

Remicade : Day 2263

Bitter sweet infusion a week ago Wednesday. The infusion nurse that I've had since Day 1 told me that she is retiring and I'll have someone new at my next infusion.

My infusion nurse, Margaret, you have to understand, would call me hours before my scheduled appointment to see if I wanted to come in early so I can get home in time for my kids. My infusions are only an hour, but with weighing in, paperwork, prepping the "juice", etc. it was more like an hour and a half, so she would call when she got there and ask if I wanted to come early. I was always waiting at home doing nothing anyway, so I took her up on her offer every time.
She only worked the one day a week, my day, but she had been a nurse all her life and was time to do other things. Good for her.

She would use the same vein on my left hand, affectionately called "Margaret's vein". I'm thinking I'm not going to get the same kind of treatment, but you never know, I might get someone just as nice.

1 comment:

Cj said...

In this situation, you have indeed been fortunate.
I pray that any future nurse will be as nice.