Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Remicade : Day 582 - You're So Vein....

Nothing exciting about this infusion, or the last 6 weeks since my last infusion.  I have been doing pretty good actually.  A little pain now and again, but that's par for the course.  But I wanted to touch on something that I'm sure every Crohnie comes across and that's having crappy veins!
I hate having crappy veins.  You know....when it comes times to have an IV and the nurse can't seem to find one.  I've had heat applied, bright lights, 2 tourniquets at once and my personal favorite, the old smack, smack, smack.  So now, what I do before my infusion is I heat up my hand.  Not unusual you might ask??  When I say I heat it up, I mean before I even leave for my infusion, I run my hand under hot water for awhile, then dry it quick and put on one of my ski gloves.  About 5 minutes before arriving, I take off my glove and stick it in front of my car dash heat to heat it up some more until I get in to the parking lot.  As soon as I turn off the car, I put the glove back on and as soon as I sit down in the nice Lazy Boy, I take off the glove again and wrap it up in a heating blanket.  By the time she comes with the IV, my veins are popping!!  Today was so good, I didn't feel it go in.  Awesome!!


.

1 comment:

Cj said...

Yeah for you!

Now, do they also decrease afterwards??!!