Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Hippie, Hippie Shake

Interesting night last night......

Had a good day, went shopping with the family and then bowling (my 8 year old beat me), had my dad over for a BBQ, then it went downhill from there.
After dinner I went upstairs to the bathroom, as all Crohnies do, came down and I started to get the shakes.  It feels like shivering, like I'm cold, but I'm not.  I made a hot drink and tried to relax with deep breathing as I laid on the couch.  That was about 6pm.....
It progressively got worse and the shakes started to turn to more like convulsions and my teeth started to clench as well as my body.  This happened before and I remembered that I threw up.  Once I threw up, the shakes went away....but I had a fever and my heart was racing.

So....I waited....

Sure enough, about 3 hours of shakes later, I threw up.  Almost immediately my shakes ended, but not completely.  I threw up again about an hour later and the shakes stopped, but now I had a fever of 103F and a pulse of 160, not to mention now my jaw, knees, hips, legs and stomach ached like the dickens.....but the shaking had stopped. 

Finally, after almost 7 hours, I fell asleep around 2am.
I've been to hospital with this before and they couldn't find what was wrong.  I would say it was a mild block, but doesn't explain the shakes.  Research has shown me that it might have been food poisoning and because of my low immune system, this is how my body reacts.  No one else got sick last night, just me......oh goodie.
I was shaking so much I felt like a fish out of water flopping around on the dock.

Now I'm afraid to eat anything but I know I HAVE to.......

1 comment:

Cj said...

omG!
I wondered what was happening...

I feel so helpless...