Thursday, November 1, 2012

Remicade : Day 99

Yesterday was day 99 of Remicade treatment, I guess making today lucky number 100, and once again, I don't feel any different than day 98...
The nurse was a little shocked to hear that I was in hospital a couple of weeks ago with the bowel obstruction.  Ya...SHE was shocked.

Overall though....looking at everything over the past 100 days, I do feel better and I'm slowly gaining weight (eventhough I lost a bunch while in hospital).  I weighed in at 70.8 kg's, (156 lbs) up from 68.9 kg 8 weeks ago. 

Doses are now every 8 weeks.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have just started following your blog. I truly hope the remicade kicks in for you. It has really helped me. What I notice the most is that I am not in pain from the inflammatory aspects of the disease. I had a resection and lost the valve between the small and large so I am never sure if the food reactions are because of crohns or the missing pieces parts. When I am close to the infusion time I feel the pain again in my joints and lower back. My inflammatory response is normal now. But it does take a bit of time.

Vern Laine said...

Thanks Deborah. Thanks for taking a peek at my little blog and for your comments. I had the same resection as you, in the identical place. It sounds as though we are experiencing the same reactions and responses. I'm very glad everything is working out for you as far as the Remicade goes, it makes it very encouraging for me to continue on in the hopes for the "cure"
Thanks again for coming in to see me!