Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Hun.....Watch This"

Laying in bed the other night, watching TV like I always do, I got that 'crohns feeling'.  You know the one, the feeling like you have to go to the bathroom preceded by the sudden, and sometimes painful, cramping feeling.
Well, at least now-a-days for me, the pain isn't there anymore (knock on wood), but the cramping sometimes rears its ugly head. 
As this was happening this time, I looked down to my ab area around my belly button and was a little surprised at what I saw.  So much so, I nudged my wife laying beside me and said, "Hun....watch" as I pointed to my belly button.
And there it was.....like a rolling wave on an ocean.  You could actually watch as food passed through my intestine, obviously because of a little inflammation or something.  I could actually time it.  I would get the cramping feeling followed by "the wave".  First from right to left, then left to right.  Lasted about 10 minutes or so, then, done.
Almost something like the birthing scene from the 1979 movie "Alien" (minus the blood)

It's amazing, as I get older, the small things that entertain me.

1 comment:

Cj said...

Oh yes!
as the years float by, it's amazing what things you will find "entertaining"!!!!