Thursday, June 18, 2020

Crohn-aversary Month

Back when I was finally diagnosed in 1988, I started going through some major mental health issues that of course I kept inside. Nowadays, I tell people who are newly diagnosed, to seek out help and with the large IBD online community, it's alot easier to find it. I think with COVID 19, seeking out the help is more prevalent than ever. It's easy to say, "just get some help", it's another to actually getting enough guts to get it. I know.
I am not 100% free, but I handle it when I need it, seeking out help from family and online IBD friends who know exactly what I'm going through and I thanks everyone. We've all been through it and we all need help.
I started getting symptoms at the beginning of 1988, which means it been almost 32 and a half years with Crohn's symptoms and disease.
That's 11,844 days.

11,844.


3 comments:

Dad said...

Sending you all the love I can muster.
Thank you for your strength.

Sahara Fleetwood-Beresford said...

Happy? Crohn-aversary!

Vern Laine said...

LOL Sarah...thanks