Sunday, December 29, 2019

Goodbye 2019

Looking back at 2019.... not very exciting really, as far as my crohn's is concerned.

I only had one hospital visit for my pesky little peri anal abscess which included a minor surgery and 24 hours admission.

My Remicade infusions were going fine, but I was starting to feel tired all the time...all the time...so after several tests, including a colonoscopy, it was determined that my body was becoming immune to the drug and it was time to start something new. So, having said that, my 2020 will start with a new drug, Humira. My first injections start January 2 and as I have never injected my self, ever, it should be an interesting way to ring in the new year. I need to get 4 injections the first day.... fun.

On the upside, I was nominated for two WEGO health awards, which is always a great honor. To be recognized by your peers is a humbling experience and I don't take it lightly.

In 2020, I'm looking to maybe meet some fellow IBD'ers or other chronic illness fighters. I have had crohn's for over 30 years and have yet to meet fellow warriors, so that's somewhat of a new years resolution I guess.

Finally I'd like to thank everyone that has come by and read my blog, left comments, emailed me or contacted me through Twitter and Facebook. Your support and input has been uplifting and I appreciate everything, thank you.

Happy new year everyone and all the best for a happy and healthy(er) 2020 !!

~ Vern

No comments: