Saturday, February 23, 2019

Have You Ever Been Let Go...?

With this recent story out of the U.S. and accusations against Amazon, click here

Fired Amazon employee with Crohn’s disease files lawsuit over lack of bathroom access


It begs the question, has anyone else been discriminated at work because of their illness or condition?  I know I have and it got to the point where I was fired so I filed a Human Rights complaint against the company because they knew about my Crohn's Disease when they hired me AND it was actually my second time round with this particular company.
But after many, many months back and forth with lawyers, with the he said, she said, the case was finally dropped....only because the company closed its doors and no longer existed. I had no case if there was no company.
The point is, if this happens to you AND the employer knew about your condition, don't let it go.
You have to FIGHT for your rights !!


No comments: