Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Remicade : Day 2339

When I went to my Gastro in November, she recommended we up the dose on my Remicade (Infliximab) infusions, from 400mg to 600 mg.
She stated that new research has shown that for those on the biologic, where the Remicade levels are remaining normal but the Crohn's is not 100% in remission, raising the mg can help with the process.
For me, I still have the nagging peri anal abscess and she said that they would like to raise it to 1000 mg to maybe get rid of the fistulas and abscess.
So today was the first infusion in this process. We started at 600 mg and will do 600 mg for a while to see how my body reacts to the higher dosage. I'm still on the fast track so the actual infusion is only just over an hour and its been about 5 hours and I feel fine, just a little more tired than usual.

Fingers crossed this works.

No comments: