Thursday, December 7, 2017

Remicade : Day 1961

Another 6 weeks....another infusion.  Wish I didn't need to do it, but, it keeps the Crohn's mostly at bay.  These past 5 years have been "easier" than the 25 before I started on remicade.  But there are always the things attached to Crohn's the remicade doesn't take care of...fatigue, joints, psoriasis, fissures, abscesses, etc, etc, etc.

On the positive side, the weight is up again, 78 kg (172lbs, 12 stone).  It's taken 30 years, but I am finally back to the weight I was before I got sick!!  I am definitely NOT the fitness level or muscle tone I once was, but I'll take it......for now.

At the clinic yesterday while getting infused, a lady came in to get her first infusion and OMG, the dramatics!  You'd think she was being tortured or something.....just from getting the needle in.  Now, don't get me wrong, I've had hundreds of times where my veins are barely visible, but never did I groan after I had it done.  Especially when her's was successfully done after the second "poke".  For 30 minutes she moaned and groaned while being infused with saline BEFORE the remicade went in and her arm was fine, no swelling or irritation.  Thank goodness my infusion is only an hour, I don't think I could take it any longer.  I don't hear that much noise when I'm in the hospital!

Wellllllll........

1 comment:

Dad said...

Yeah for you!
My favourite morale-booster!