Monday, December 30, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.....???

I love and hate this time of year.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and everything that goes with it, except it is this same time of year that my Crohn's wants to give me a 'present'.  It's a present I don't want.
Every year, something goes awry with my Crohn's.  This year, I ended up in the ER with a peri-anum abscess which they were able to drain without major surgery.  Still had to be put out in the ER and had problems sitting for about a week, but why o why does this happen every Christmas?  I've been racking my brain for years trying to figure it out and the only thing I can come up with is that it's the stress.  Too much 'stuff' going on this time of year.  Too much to 'worry' about.  Kids, work, family, food, etc., etc,.
Everything seems to have settled now.  Or is it just dormant, ready to rear it's ugly head next Christmas........

No comments: