Saturday, April 2, 2011

Potty Mouth

Ever since I was in hospital over the Xmas holidays, I've had to rethink my Crohn's and how it affects me.  Because since then, I don't go to the bathroom as much, I'm eating more, I can drink coffee, I'm drinking a hell of alot more water, I'm eating brown bread, I can drink regular milk and I actually gained a little weight....a little.  So, why am I bitching?  All this sounds great, right?  Yes and no.  The problem is, after 22 years of figuring out what I can eat, what I can drink, when or where I can eat something knowing I'm going to have to go to the bathroom within minutes sometimes, etc.....I've had to start all over again.  I've found now that if I eat peanut butter or a banana at bedtime....most of the time I DON'T get up in the night to go to the bathroom....go figure!  What's worse...?  Because I don't go as often, I actually get abdominal pain from it building up inside and puting pressure on my surgical site, yes, the 22 year old site.  So.....
 to shit or not to shit, THAT is the question!!

No comments: