Friday, February 24, 2017

Vitamin D

There's been a lot of talk lately about the benefits of Vitamin D especially with IBD patients and all I can say is....why has it taken so long?!
I've been taking Vitamin D for years now and have seen the benefits but especially this year.  I use to take 1000 iu every few days for years because I found that it would upset my insides if I took them more frequently.  This year, as I'm "feeling better" (as far as a Crohnie can feel better) I decided to start taking them everyday starting last September.
Now, keep in mind, I usually end up in hospital between the October-January months for some sort of flare up, normally the peri anal abscess acts up or major dehydration....you know, the usual.
My kids have been sick a couple of times this year with the usual "kid colds" which I catch very easily....but for me?  Nothing.  Nadda.  Zilch.  Zero.
And the only thing really that is different than any other year, is my intake of Vitamin D.  Could there be other factors working here...sure, but I can't help but think that this one little Vitamin held back some of the worse things this year.
Now, it's only been 5 months since taking it everyday, I'll see how it goes for another 5 months before getting really excited.
After almost 30 years with this, could it be I go a year without any problems..??

Stay tuned......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that 2017 is a great year for you!

Vern Laine said...

Thanks!