Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bloated?

I've been asked again about bloating and how can you stop it.
I don't think there is any real way of stopping it, in my opinion, unfortunately.
I think you can, as a Crohnie, limit the amount of times you get this way....but stopping it?  uh-uh


The majority of the bloating comes from food and drink, but also from certain meds and, ironically, air.  Gulping when you eat or drink, chewing gum, talking whilst you eat and even eating too fast can cause bloating.
For me, I always, and I mean always avoid gaseous foods like cabbage, cauliflower, onions, potatoes, asparagus, cucumbers, raisons, apples, cheese, milk, nuts, and fiber in general.  It's the sugars and fiber in the foods and drinks that cause a lot of the problems.  aspartame is very, very bad, no matter what you're told how good it is.  If you want sugar, try honey.


Everyone is different, it's trial and error, you'll figure it out eventually.


I'm still figuring it out after more than 25 years......


.

No comments: